Truck Crash Lawyers in Godfrey, IL
Contact our experienced Godfrey, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Godfrey, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Godfrey, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Godfrey, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Godfrey, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Godfrey, IL, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Godfrey truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Godfrey truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Godfrey, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Godfrey
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Godfrey truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Godfrey, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Godfrey Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Godfrey, IL, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Godfrey, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Godfrey Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Godfrey truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Godfrey, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Godfrey, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.