Truck Crash Lawyers in Gray Summit, MO
Contact our experienced Gray Summit, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Gray Summit, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Gray Summit, MO, truck crash lawyers today for more information. We also specialize in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Gray Summit, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Gray Summit, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to contact truck crash attorney in Gray Summit, MO, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Gray Summit truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Gray Summit truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Gray Summit, MO, now if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Gray Summit
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Gray Summit truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Gray Summit, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Gray Summit Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Gray Summit, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Gray Summit, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Gray Summit Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Gray Summit truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Gray Summit, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Gray Summit, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.