Truck Crash Lawyers in Grayville, IL
Contact our experienced Grayville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Grayville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Grayville, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Grayville, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Grayville, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Grayville, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Grayville truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Grayville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Grayville, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Grayville
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Grayville, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Grayville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Grayville, IL, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Grayville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Grayville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Grayville truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Grayville, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and qualified Grayville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.