Truck Crash Lawyers in Greenville, IL
Contact our experienced Greenville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Greenville, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Greenville, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Greenville, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Greenville, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Greenville, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Greenville truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Greenville truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Greenville, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Greenville
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Greenville, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Greenville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Greenville, IL, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Greenville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Greenville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Greenville truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Greenville, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified Greenville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.