Truck Crash Lawyers in Hamel, IL
Contact our experienced Hamel, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Hamel, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Hamel, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Hamel, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Hamel, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Hamel, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Hamel truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Hamel truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Hamel, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Hamel
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Hamel truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Hamel, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Hamel Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Hamel, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Hamel, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Hamel Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Hamel truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal counsel to Hamel, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Hamel, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.