Truck Crash Lawyers in Hermann, MO
Contact our experienced Hermann, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Hermann, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Hermann, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Hermann, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Hermann, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Hermann, MO, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in a single year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Hermann truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Hermann truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Hermann, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Hermann
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Hermann, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Hermann Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Hermann, MO, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Hermann, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Hermann Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Hermann truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide grade-A legal representation to Hermann, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Hermann, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.