Truck Crash Lawyers in Herrin, IL
Contact our experienced Herrin, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Herrin, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Herrin, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Herrin, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Herrin, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Herrin, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Herrin truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Herrin truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Herrin, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Herrin
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Herrin, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Herrin Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Herrin, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Herrin, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Herrin Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Herrin truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair and just damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Herrin, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and qualified Herrin, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.