Truck Crash Lawyers in High Hill, MO
Contact our experienced High Hill, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in High Hill, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our High Hill, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help High Hill, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in High Hill, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in High Hill, MO, as soon as possible if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our High Hill truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our High Hill truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves High Hill, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in High Hill
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help High Hill truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our High Hill, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your High Hill Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent High Hill, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our High Hill, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact High Hill Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The High Hill truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. We provide top-notch legal representation to High Hill, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified High Hill, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.