Truck Crash Lawyers in High Ridge, MO
Contact our experienced High Ridge, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in High Ridge, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact our High Ridge, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help High Ridge, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in High Ridge, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in High Ridge, MO, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s High Ridge truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our High Ridge truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in High Ridge, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in High Ridge
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help High Ridge truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our High Ridge, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your High Ridge Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help High Ridge, MO, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our High Ridge, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our High Ridge Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The High Ridge truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents typically result in death or serious injury. We provide top-notch legal representation to High Ridge, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced High Ridge, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.