Truck Crash Lawyers in House Springs, MO
Contact our experienced House Springs, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in House Springs, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s House Springs, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help House Springs, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in House Springs, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in House Springs, MO, ASAP if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our House Springs truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s House Springs truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in House Springs, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in House Springs
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help House Springs truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our House Springs, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your House Springs Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent House Springs, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our House Springs, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our House Springs Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The House Springs truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to House Springs, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced House Springs, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.