Truck Crash Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO
Contact our experienced Jefferson City, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Jefferson City, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Jefferson City, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Jefferson City, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to contact truck crash attorney in Jefferson City, MO, ASAP if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Jefferson City truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Jefferson City truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Jefferson City, MO, now if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Jefferson City
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Jefferson City truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Jefferson City, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Jefferson City Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Jefferson City, MO, victims with these cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jefferson City, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Jefferson City Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Jefferson City truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Jefferson City, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and experienced Jefferson City, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.