Truck Crash Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO
Contact our experienced Jefferson County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Jefferson County, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Jefferson County, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Jefferson County, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Jefferson County, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Jefferson County truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Jefferson County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Jefferson County, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Jefferson County
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Jefferson County, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Jefferson County Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Jefferson County, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jefferson County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Jefferson County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Jefferson County truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal counsel to Jefferson County, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced Jefferson County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.