Truck Crash Lawyers in Jersey County, IL
Contact our experienced Jersey County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Jersey County, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Jersey County, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Jersey County, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Jersey County, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Jersey County, IL, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Jersey County truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Jersey County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Jersey County, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Jersey County
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Jersey County, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Jersey County Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Jersey County, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jersey County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Jersey County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Jersey County truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. We provide top-notch legal counsel to Jersey County, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Jersey County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.