Truck Crash Lawyers in Jonesboro, IL
Contact our experienced Jonesboro, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Jonesboro, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Jonesboro, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Jonesboro, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Jonesboro, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Jonesboro, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Jonesboro truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Jonesboro truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Jonesboro, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Jonesboro
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Jonesboro, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Jonesboro Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Jonesboro, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jonesboro, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Jonesboro Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Jonesboro truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide experienced legal counsel to Jonesboro, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Jonesboro, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.