Truck Crash Lawyers in Joppa, IL
Contact our experienced Joppa, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Joppa, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Joppa, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Joppa, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Joppa, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Joppa, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Joppa truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Joppa truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Joppa, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Joppa
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Joppa truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Joppa, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Joppa Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Joppa, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Joppa, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Joppa Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Joppa truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal representation to Joppa, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and qualified Joppa, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.