Truck Crash Lawyers in Kinmundy, IL
Contact our experienced Kinmundy, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Kinmundy, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Kinmundy, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Kinmundy, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Kinmundy, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to contact truck crash lawyer in Kinmundy, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Kinmundy truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Kinmundy truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Kinmundy, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Kinmundy
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Kinmundy, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Kinmundy Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Kinmundy, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Kinmundy, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Kinmundy Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Kinmundy truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair and just damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents often result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Kinmundy, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Kinmundy, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.