Truck Crash Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
Contact our experienced Kirkwood, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Kirkwood, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Kirkwood, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Kirkwood, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to contact truck crash attorney in Kirkwood, MO, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Kirkwood truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Kirkwood truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Kirkwood, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Kirkwood
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Kirkwood, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Kirkwood Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Kirkwood, MO, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Kirkwood Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Kirkwood truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal representation to Kirkwood, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and qualified Kirkwood, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.