Truck Crash Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO
Contact our experienced Lake St. Louis, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Lake St. Louis, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Lake St. Louis, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Lake St. Louis truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Lake St. Louis truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Lake St. Louis, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Lake St. Louis
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Lake St. Louis, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Lake St. Louis Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Lake St. Louis, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Lake St. Louis Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Lake St. Louis truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide grade-A legal representation to Lake St. Louis, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Lake St. Louis, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.