Truck Crash Lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL
Contact our experienced Lawrenceville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Lawrenceville, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Lawrenceville, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Lawrenceville, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Lawrenceville truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Lawrenceville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Lawrenceville, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Lawrenceville
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Lawrenceville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Lawrenceville, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Lawrenceville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Lawrenceville, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Lawrenceville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Lawrenceville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Lawrenceville truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide experienced legal counsel to Lawrenceville, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Lawrenceville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.