Truck Crash Lawyers in Lebanon, MO
Contact our experienced Lebanon, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Lebanon, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Lebanon, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Lebanon, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Lebanon, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Lebanon, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Lebanon truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Lebanon truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Lebanon, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Lebanon
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Lebanon, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Lebanon Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Lebanon, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Lebanon, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Lebanon Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Lebanon truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive just damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal representation to Lebanon, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Lebanon, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.