Truck Crash Lawyers in Lincoln County, MO
Contact our experienced Lincoln County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Lincoln County, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Lincoln County, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Lincoln County, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Lincoln County, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Lincoln County, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Lincoln County truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Lincoln County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Lincoln County, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Lincoln County
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Lincoln County truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Lincoln County, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Lincoln County Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Lincoln County, MO, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Lincoln County, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Lincoln County Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Lincoln County truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Lincoln County, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Lincoln County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.