Truck Crash Lawyers in Madison County, IL
Contact our experienced Madison County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Madison County, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Madison County, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Madison County, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Madison County, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to contact truck crash attorney in Madison County, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Madison County truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Madison County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Madison County, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Madison County
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Madison County, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Madison County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Madison County, IL, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Madison County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Madison County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Madison County truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Madison County, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Madison County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.