Truck Crash Lawyers in Matson, MO
Contact our experienced Matson, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Matson, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Matson, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Matson, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Matson, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Matson, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Matson truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Matson truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Matson, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Matson
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Matson, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Matson Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Matson, MO, victims with these claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Matson, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Matson Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Matson truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide experienced legal representation to Matson, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Matson, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.