Truck Crash Lawyers in Maunie, IL
Contact our experienced Maunie, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Maunie, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Maunie, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Maunie, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Maunie, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Maunie, IL, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s Maunie truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Maunie truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Maunie, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Maunie
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Maunie truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Maunie, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Maunie Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Maunie, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Maunie, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Maunie Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Maunie truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Maunie, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and experienced Maunie, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.