Truck Crash Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL
Contact our experienced McLeansboro, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s McLeansboro, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help McLeansboro, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in McLeansboro, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to contact truck crash attorney in McLeansboro, IL, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our McLeansboro truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s McLeansboro truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves McLeansboro, IL, now if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in McLeansboro
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our McLeansboro, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your McLeansboro Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent McLeansboro, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our McLeansboro, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our McLeansboro Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The McLeansboro truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. We provide experienced legal representation to McLeansboro, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and experienced McLeansboro, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.