Truck Crash Lawyers in Metropolis, IL
Contact our experienced Metropolis, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Metropolis, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Metropolis, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Metropolis, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Metropolis, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Metropolis, IL, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Metropolis truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Metropolis truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Metropolis, IL, now if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Metropolis
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Metropolis truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Metropolis, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Metropolis Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Metropolis, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Metropolis, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Metropolis Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Metropolis truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide experienced legal representation to Metropolis, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and experienced Metropolis, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.