Truck Crash Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL
Contact our experienced Mill Shoals, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Mill Shoals, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Mill Shoals, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Mill Shoals, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Mill Shoals truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Mill Shoals truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Mill Shoals, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Mill Shoals
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Mill Shoals truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Mill Shoals, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Mill Shoals Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Mill Shoals, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Mill Shoals, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Mill Shoals Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Mill Shoals truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Mill Shoals, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified Mill Shoals, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.