Truck Crash Lawyers in Miller City, IL
Contact our experienced Miller City, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Miller City, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Miller City, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Miller City, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Miller City, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Miller City, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Miller City truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Miller City truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Miller City, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Miller City
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Miller City, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Miller City Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Miller City, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Miller City, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Miller City Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Miller City truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Miller City, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Miller City, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.