Truck Crash Lawyers in Monroe County, IL
Contact our experienced Monroe County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Monroe County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Monroe County, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Monroe County, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Monroe County, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Monroe County, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Monroe County truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Monroe County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Monroe County, IL, now if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Monroe County
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Monroe County truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Monroe County, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Monroe County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Monroe County, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Monroe County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Monroe County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Monroe County truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Monroe County, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Monroe County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.