Truck Crash Lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL
Contact our experienced Mount Carmel, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Mount Carmel, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Mount Carmel, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to contact truck crash attorney in Mount Carmel, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Mount Carmel truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Mount Carmel truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Mount Carmel, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Mount Carmel
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Mount Carmel truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Mount Carmel, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Mount Carmel Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Mount Carmel, IL, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Mount Carmel, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Mount Carmel Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Mount Carmel truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal representation to Mount Carmel, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Mount Carmel, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.