Truck Crash Lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL
Contact our experienced Mount Vernon, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Mount Vernon, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Mount Vernon, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Mount Vernon, IL, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Mount Vernon truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Mount Vernon truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Mount Vernon, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Mount Vernon
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Mount Vernon, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Mount Vernon Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Mount Vernon, IL, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Mount Vernon, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Mount Vernon Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Mount Vernon truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair and just damages for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal representation to Mount Vernon, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified Mount Vernon, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.