Truck Crash Lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL
Contact our experienced Mulberry Grove, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Mulberry Grove, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Mulberry Grove, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Mulberry Grove, IL, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Mulberry Grove truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Mulberry Grove truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Mulberry Grove, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Mulberry Grove
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Mulberry Grove truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Mulberry Grove, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Mulberry Grove Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Mulberry Grove, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Mulberry Grove, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Mulberry Grove Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Mulberry Grove truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents often result in death or serious injury. We provide top-notch legal representation to Mulberry Grove, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Mulberry Grove, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.