Truck Crash Lawyers in Nashville, IL
Contact our experienced Nashville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Nashville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Nashville, IL, truck crash lawyers today for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Nashville, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Nashville, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Nashville, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Nashville truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Nashville truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Nashville, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Nashville
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Nashville, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Nashville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Nashville, IL, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Nashville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Nashville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Nashville truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get just damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal counsel to Nashville, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Nashville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.