Truck Crash Lawyers in Norris City, IL
Contact our experienced Norris City, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Norris City, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Norris City, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Norris City, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Norris City, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to contact truck crash attorney in Norris City, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Norris City truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Norris City truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Norris City, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Norris City
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Norris City, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Norris City Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Norris City, IL, victims with these cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Norris City, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Norris City Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Norris City truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide top-notch legal representation to Norris City, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and experienced Norris City, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.