Truck Crash Lawyers in Oakdale, IL
Contact our experienced Oakdale, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Oakdale, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Oakdale, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Oakdale, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Oakdale, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Oakdale, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Oakdale truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Oakdale truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Oakdale, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Oakdale
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Oakdale, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Oakdale Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Oakdale, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Oakdale, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Oakdale Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Oakdale truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Oakdale, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Oakdale, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.