Truck Crash Lawyers in Oakville, MO
Contact our experienced Oakville, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Oakville, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Oakville, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Oakville, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Oakville, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Oakville, MO, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Oakville truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Oakville truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Oakville, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Oakville
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Oakville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Oakville, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Oakville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Oakville, MO, victims with these claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Oakville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Oakville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Oakville truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair damages for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents often result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal representation to Oakville, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Oakville, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.