Truck Crash Lawyers in O’Fallon, MO
Contact our experienced O’Fallon, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in O’Fallon, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our O’Fallon, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help O’Fallon, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in O’Fallon, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in O’Fallon, MO, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our O’Fallon truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s O’Fallon truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in O’Fallon, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in O’Fallon
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help O’Fallon truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our O’Fallon, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your O’Fallon Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help O’Fallon, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our O’Fallon, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact O’Fallon Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The O’Fallon truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. We provide top-notch legal counsel to O’Fallon, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified O’Fallon, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.