Truck Crash Lawyers in Overland, MO
Contact our experienced Overland, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Overland, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Overland, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Overland, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Overland, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Overland, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Overland truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Overland truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Overland, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Overland
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Overland truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Overland, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Overland Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Overland, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Overland, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Overland Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Overland truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Overland, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Overland, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.