Truck Crash Lawyers in Pacific, MO
Contact our experienced Pacific, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Pacific, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Pacific, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Pacific, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Pacific, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Pacific, MO, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Pacific truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Pacific truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Pacific, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Pacific
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Pacific truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Pacific, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Pacific Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Pacific, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Pacific, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Pacific Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Pacific truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Pacific, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Pacific, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.