Truck Crash Lawyers in Parkersburg, IL
Contact our experienced Parkersburg, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Parkersburg, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Parkersburg, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Parkersburg, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Parkersburg, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Parkersburg, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Parkersburg truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Parkersburg truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Parkersburg, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Parkersburg
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Parkersburg truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Parkersburg, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Parkersburg Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Parkersburg, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Parkersburg, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Parkersburg Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Parkersburg truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal representation to Parkersburg, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Parkersburg, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.