Truck Crash Lawyers in Perryville, MO
Contact our experienced Perryville, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Perryville, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Perryville, MO, truck crash lawyers today for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Perryville, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Perryville, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Perryville, MO, as soon as possible if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Perryville truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Perryville truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Perryville, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Perryville
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Perryville, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Perryville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Perryville, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Perryville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Perryville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Perryville truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. We provide grade-A legal representation to Perryville, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and qualified Perryville, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.