Truck Crash Lawyers in Pevely, MO
Contact our experienced Pevely, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Pevely, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Pevely, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Pevely, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Pevely, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Pevely, MO, ASAP if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Pevely truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Pevely truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Pevely, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Pevely
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Pevely truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Pevely, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Pevely Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Pevely, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Pevely, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Pevely Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Pevely truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive just damages for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal counsel to Pevely, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Pevely, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.