Truck Crash Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL
Contact our experienced Pickneyville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Pickneyville, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Pickneyville, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Pickneyville, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Pickneyville, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Pickneyville truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Pickneyville truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Pickneyville, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Pickneyville
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Pickneyville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Pickneyville, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Pickneyville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Pickneyville, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Pickneyville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Pickneyville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Pickneyville truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Pickneyville, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and qualified Pickneyville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.