Truck Crash Lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL
Contact our experienced Prairie du Rocher, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Prairie du Rocher, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Prairie du Rocher, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Prairie du Rocher, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s Prairie du Rocher truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Prairie du Rocher truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Prairie du Rocher, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Prairie du Rocher
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Prairie du Rocher truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Prairie du Rocher, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Prairie du Rocher Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Prairie du Rocher, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Prairie du Rocher, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Prairie du Rocher Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Prairie du Rocher truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Prairie du Rocher, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified Prairie du Rocher, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.