Truck Crash Lawyers in Quincy, MO
Contact our experienced Quincy, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Quincy, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Quincy, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Quincy, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Quincy, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Quincy, MO, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Quincy truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Quincy truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Quincy, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Quincy
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Quincy truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Quincy, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Quincy Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Quincy, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Quincy, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Quincy Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Quincy truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Quincy, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and qualified Quincy, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.