Truck Crash Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
Contact our experienced Red Bud, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Red Bud, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Red Bud, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Red Bud, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Red Bud, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Red Bud, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Red Bud truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Red Bud truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Red Bud, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Red Bud
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Red Bud, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Red Bud Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Red Bud, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Red Bud, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Red Bud Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Red Bud truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Red Bud, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and experienced Red Bud, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.