Truck Crash Lawyers in Rockwood, IL
Contact our experienced Rockwood, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Rockwood, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Rockwood, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Rockwood, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Rockwood, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Rockwood, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Rockwood truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Rockwood truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Rockwood, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Rockwood
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Rockwood truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Rockwood, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Rockwood Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Rockwood, IL, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Rockwood, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Rockwood Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Rockwood truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Rockwood, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and qualified Rockwood, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.