Truck Crash Lawyers in Royalton, IL
Contact our experienced Royalton, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Royalton, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Royalton, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Royalton, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Royalton, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Royalton, IL, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Royalton truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Royalton truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Royalton, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Royalton
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Royalton, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Royalton Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Royalton, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Royalton, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Royalton Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Royalton truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Royalton, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Royalton, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.