Truck Crash Lawyers in Russellville, IL
Contact our experienced Russellville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Russellville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Russellville, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Russellville, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Russellville, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Russellville, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s Russellville truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Russellville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Russellville, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Russellville
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Russellville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Russellville, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Russellville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Russellville, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Russellville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Russellville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Russellville truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Russellville, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Russellville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.