Truck Crash Lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL
Contact our experienced Saint Clair County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Saint Clair County, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Saint Clair County, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to contact truck crash attorney in Saint Clair County, IL, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Saint Clair County truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Saint Clair County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Saint Clair County, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Saint Clair County
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Saint Clair County, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Saint Clair County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Saint Clair County, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Saint Clair County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Saint Clair County Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Saint Clair County truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Saint Clair County, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Saint Clair County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.